Information Objects Ontology
Created 3 months ago
An ontology of information objects, encodings and realizations, as a plugin to DOLCE-Ultralite (reusing mainly the
dul:realizes relations from it). Several patterns are contained inside this ontology:
- encodings of information entities
- kinds of realizations (gestural motions, depictions, digital, multimedia, speech, etc.)
- combinatorial relations between information objects
- relations between formal expressions and generalized expressions (lexicalizations, formalizations)
- relations between formal expressions and their assignments in formal semantics
- relations between information objects and schemata (data structures, KOS, etc.)
- kinds of linguistic objects
- copies, reproductions, etc.
- cultural combination of information objects (reuse, mixing, metaphorical blending).